When it's hot and at the peak of watermelon season, there's nothing better than this easy watermelon salad with mint and burrata. It is refreshing and simple to make. I use burrata mozzarella instead of feta as it gives the salad a wonderful creaminess. I also like adding fresh mint and a combination of fresh citrus juices as the salad dressing for a more refreshing taste.
Tips for making easy watermelon salad with mint and burrata.
Use ripe watermelon that is crisp and seedless.
Burrata is a type of mozzarella cheese with a soft center filled with cream. I have found different qualities of burrata. Good burrata will have a soft creamy center. It is worth the money to purchase burrata that has the creamy center. It makes all the difference!
Adding fresh mint is key to making this salad refreshing. It is better to "chiffonade" the mint (cut into strips) than using whole leaves of mint. Whole leaves can be used for decoration.
The salad dressing is a simple combination of fresh lemon or lime and orange juice. Before making the salad dressing for this easy watermelon salad with mint and burrata, cut the citrus fruits in half along the equator. Then cut a thin slice of each fruit for decoration before juicing the fruits.
This easy watermelon salad with mint and burrata is best served very cold. Cut the watermelon and pour the citrus juices onto the watermelon cubes and refrigerate the salad until needed. Before serving, chiffonade the mint and place the cut burrata in the center. Decorate with the citrus slices and a few whole mint leaves.
EASY WATERMELON SALAD WITH MINT AND BURRATA
- 1 kg watermelon
- 1 burrata cheese ball
- 20 g fresh mint
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- ¼ cup fresh lemon or lime juice
- Cut the watermelon into cubes and place it in a bowl.1 kg watermelon
- Before juicing the fruits, cut the citrus in half and save a slice of each citrus fruit for decoration.
- Mix the juices together and pour over watermelon.¼ cup fresh orange juice, ¼ cup fresh lemon or lime juice
- Refrigerate until serving.
- Chiffonade the mint leaves and sprinkle onto watermelon.20 g fresh mint
- Place the burrata cheese ball on the top and cut open.1 burrata cheese ball
- Decorate with fresh citrus slices.